Learning A-Z is an education technology company dedicated to expanding literacy through thoughtfully designed resources. See how we do it. Vocabulary A-Z is an online resource that allows teachers to easily teach K-6 vocabulary. ELL Edition provides research-based resources for teaching English language learners. Chronicles the history of the 8th Air Force during World War II and after. Includes hours, prices, newsletter, calendar of events, forums, membership details, volunteer opportunities, directions and contact information. Located in Pooler, near Savannah.
Download Sales Management NotesPDF 2021 for MBA. We provide complete MBA sales management notes. MBA sales management study material includes sales management notes, sales management book, courses, case study, syllabus, question paper, questions and answers and available in sales management pdf form.
Table of Contents
- 3 Sales Management Notes
The MBA Sales Management Notes can be downloaded in sales management pdf from the below article.
MBA Sales Management Syllabus
A detailed MBA Sales management syllabus as prescribed by various Universities and colleges in India are as under. You can download the syllabus in sales management pdfform.
Unit – I
Introduction to Sales Management: Concept of Sales Management, Marketing and Sales, Sales Approaches, Emergence of Sales Management, Sales Management Functions and role and responsibilities of Salesperson.
Unit – II
Sales Process: Prospecting. Identifying & Qualifying Potential Customers, Preparing-pre approach and call planning, Preparations-approach and demonstrations, Handling Objections, Closing and Follow-up. Different types of customers.
Unit – III
Selling Skills: Value Proposition, Unique Selling Propositions, Customer Value Creation, Customer Life Time Value-Unrealized Value, Actual Customer Lifetime Value, Potential Customer Lifetime Value. Personal Selling-Concept. Personal Selling and Direct Selling. Changing Role of Personal Selling. Buyer Seller Dyad: Concept. Conceptual Model of Buyer-Seller Dyad.
Unit – IV
Sales Organization: Setting up a Sales Organization, Basic types of Sales Organization Structures-Line, Line & Staff, Functional, Geographical, Product, Customer and Outsourced. Interdepartmental Relations and Coordination of Personal Selling with Other Departments-Personal Selling and Production, Personal Selling and Finance, Personal Selling and Marketing Research, Personal Selling and Sales, Personal Selling and Service.
Unit – V
Sales Effort and Territory Management: Sales Planning Forecasting-– Qualitative Methods-Executive Opinion, Delphi Technique, SalesForce Composite, Decision Tree Analysis. Quantitative Methods – Overview of Linear Regression, Time Series Analysis, Moving Averages Budgeting. Designing Territories, Territory Management Routing, Sales Quotas-Meaning and types. Estimation of SalesForce – Workload, Breakdown and Incremental Analysis. Overview of Recruitment, Selection and Training of Sales Personnel.
Sales Management PDF
Sales Management Notes
What is Sales Management?
Sales management is the discipline of maximizing the benefits a company and its customers receive from the efforts of its sales force.
Sales management is a business discipline which is focused on the practical application of sales techniques and the management of a firm’s sales operations.
Sales Management Questions and Answers
Some of the sales management questions and answers are mentioned below. You can download the QnA in sales management pdf form.
- Explain how Sales Management becomes an integral Part of Marketing Management and why it occupies an important role in success of an organisation.
- What is Sales forecasting and what are various methods of Sales forecasting.
- Why companies form a suitable organisation for sales of their Products ? How the Sales Organisation are different for Industrial Products and Consumer Products.
- “Companies give more importance for training of Sales Force”. Elaborate the statement.
- “Compensating Sales Persons is different from employees of other departments in the organisation”. Explain the reasons as per statement and also write various methods of Compensation.
- Write Sales Process and explain the various steps involved in the Process. 7. Write short notes on any two :
1) Sales force evaluation and Control
2) Sales Contests
3) Selling of Financial Services
4) Qualities of Salesman.
MBA Sales Management Question Paper
If you have already studied the sales management notes, then its time to move ahead and go through previous year sales management question paper.
It will help you to understand question paper pattern and type of business economics question and answer asked in MBA sales management exam. You can download the syllabus in sales management pdf form.
Sales Management Books
Below is the list of sales management book recommended by the top university in India.
- Sales Management: Decisions, Strategies & Cases, Richard, Cundiff; Norman. Pearson Publications
- Sales & Distribution Management, Panda Tapan K.; Sahadev Sunil, Oxford Publications
- Management of SalesForce, Stanton, William J
- Management of a Sales Force, Stanton and Spiro McGraw Hill
Below is the top sales management book that can be bought from Amazon.
Sales and Distribution Management
- Author: Richard, Cundiff; Norman
- Publisher: Pearson, 6th ed.
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #3080 in Strategy & Management & #17 in Human Resources eTextbooks
- Customer Review: 4.4 out of 5
Sales and Distribution Management
- Author: Panda Tapan K.; Sahadev Sunil
- Publisher: Oxford, 2nd ed.
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #255 in Sales #143 in International Business #377 in Marketing
- Customer Review: 3.2 out of 5
Management of a Sales Force
- Author: Rosann Spiro, William J Stanton, Greg A. Rich
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill, 11ed.
- Customer Review: 4 out of 5
MBA Study Material – Download ✅  PDF
Download MBA Study Material ✅ PDF, Book, Syllabus (Download MBA Study Material)
BBA & BCOM Study Material – Download ✅  PDF
Download BBA – BCOM Study Material ✅ PDF, Book, Syllabus (Download BBA & BCOM Study Material)
Managerial Economics Notes Download ✅  PDF
Managerial Economics Notes PDF, Books, Paper, Syllabus MBA 2020
(Download Managerial Economics Notes)
Cost Accounting Notes ✅  PDF
Cost Accounting Notes PDF, Syllabus, Book BBA, BCOM 2020
(Download Cost Accounting Notes)
Strategic Management Notes Download ✅  PDF
Strategic Management Notes PDF, Books, Paper, Syllabus MBA 2020
(Download Strategic Management Notes)
Business Law Notes Download ✅  PDF
Business Law Notes PDF, Books, Syllabus MBA, BBA, B COM 2020
(Download Business Law Notes)
Organisational Behaviour Notes Download ✅  PDF
Organisational Behaviour Notes PDF MBA, BBA, BCOM 2020
(Download Organisational Behaviour Notes)
Production and Operations Management Notes Download ✅  PDF
Production and Operations Management Notes PDF MBA 2020
(Download Production and Operations Management Notes)
Total Quality Management Notes Download ✅  PDF
Total Quality Management PDF Notes, Paper MBA 2020
(Download Total Quality Management PDF)
Brand Management Notes Download ✅  PDF
Brand Management Notes PDF MBA 2020
(Download Brand Management Notes)
International Marketing Notes Download ✅  PDF
International Marketing Notes PDF Syllabus, Book MBA 2020
(Download International Marketing Notes)
Management Information System Notes ✅  PDF
Management Information System Notes PDF MBA 2020
(Download Management Information System Notes)
Training and Development in HRM Notes ✅  PDF
Training and Development in HRM Notes PDF MBA 2020
(Download Training and Development in HRM Notes)
Sales Management Notes Download ✅  PDF
Sales Management Notes PDF, Book, Syllabus, Paper MBA 2020
(Download Sales Management Notes)
Organisational Development and Change Notes ✅  PDF
Organisational Development and Change Notes PDF MBA 2020
(Download Organisational Development and Change Notes)
Human Resource Management Notes ✅  PDF
Human Resource Management Notes HRM PDF MBA (Download Human Resource Management Notes)
Financial Accounting Notes ✅  PDF
Financial Accounting Notes PDF for MBA 2020 Download
(Download Financial Accounting Notes)
Business Economics Notes ✅  PDF
Business Economics Notes PDF, Paper, Books, Syllabus, BBA, BCOM 2020
(Download Business Economics Notes)
Financial Accounting Notes ✅  PDF
Financial Accounting PDF Notes, Syllabus, Books BBA, BCOM 2020
(Download Financial Accounting PDF Notes)
Management Science Notes ✅  PDF
Management Science Notes PDF, Syllabus, Book MBA 2020
(Download Management Science Notes)
Marketing Management Notes ✅  PDF
Marketing Management Notes PDF, Book, Syllabus MBA (Download Marketing Management Notes)
Principles of Management Notes ✅ PDF
Principles of Management PDF Notes, Books, Syllabus BBA, B COM 2020
(Download Principles of Management PDF)
Operation Research Notes ✅ PDF
Operation Research Notes PDF, Books, Syllabus MBA, BBA, B COM 2020
(Download Operation Research Notes)
In the above article, a student can download Sales Management Notes MBA 2020. Sales management study material includes sales management notes, sales management books, sales management syllabus, sales management question paper, sales management questions and answers, sales management courses in sales management pdf form.
Go On, Share & Help your Friend
Did we miss something in MBA Study Material? or You want something More? Come on! Tell us what you think about our post on Sales Management Notes PDF, Book, Syllabus, Paper MBA 2021 in the comments section and Share this post with your friends.
Smartsheet ContributorKate Eby on Apr 02, 2018
In this article, you'll learn about executive summaries and how they help to tell your story, pitch an idea, or design collaborative business plans.
Included on this page, you'll find a variety of helpful, downloadable executive summary templates, as well as details on the benefits of a strong executive summary.
Executive Summary Outline Template - PowerPoint
Use this free template to outline your next big presentation or keep it updated as a live meeting record that documents your evolving internal business plans or funding needs. The customizable PowerPoint slides feature an executive summary template and an outline that you can turn into the separate sections of your presentation. The customizable slides are formatted to outline the important elements of a formal business plan summary.
Download Executive Summary Outline Template
Simple, powerful project management with Smartsheet. See for yourself.
Smartsheet is a cloud-based platform that allows teams and organizations to plan, manage, and report on projects, helping you move faster and achieve more. See Smartsheet in action.
Executive Summary Templates
It is difficult to convey everything you want the reader to know about your business, product, or plan in a concise format. Sometimes getting started can be overwhelming.
The following executive summary templates will help you start planning and organizing your reader’s first — and sometime only — impression. There are templates formatted for Microsoft Word, Google Docs, and PDF. The templates are designed to highlight only the important facts typically addressed in communications popular in technology, marketing, finance, and project management professions, as well as in research-heavy sectors like law, academia, and healthcare.
Business Plan Executive Summary Template
This executive summary template is designed to get your business plan noticed and reviewed. This document helps you present key information to an external audience and ensure you include more attention to detail than a standard business plan document. Use bullet points and clear, formal language to guide the reader to the most important information about your company.
Download Business Plan Executive Summary Template
Excel Word PDF Smartsheet
For additional resources, visit 'One-Page Business Plan Templates with a Quick How-To Guide.'
One-Page Executive Summary Template
This template is designed to fit your executive summary on one page. Take advantage of the short sections and bullet points to keep it concise and hook the reader with the most attention-grabbing information. Organize and emphasize the most important information by customizing the subheadings based on your document’s purpose.
Download One-Page Executive Summary Template
Excel Word PDF
Startup Executive Summary Template
Startups seeking funding online on platforms like AngelList and Gust use investor profiles to spark interest and earn social proof for their venture. This template acts as a one-page pitch that serves as your company profile on these platforms. You can repurpose this template and save it as a customized PDF summary memo to land your next meeting with investors.
Download Startup Executive Summary Template
Excel Word PDF Smartsheet
Healthcare Executive Summary Template
Summarize the formal communications common in hospitals, non-profit organizations, and government agencies. This template is designed to accommodate longer research-based plans and proposals that target a broad audience of management, outside investors, or the general public. Customize the template and use your executive summary as the outline for your published report, and cover relevant items such as policy changes, new programs, budget requests, or to suit the context of your research content.
Download Healthcare Executive Summary Template
Excel Word PDF
Proposal Executive Summary Template
Project proposals outline the required resources and project objectives, and summarize key information from the main body of content. This template highlights the specific purpose for your proposal and the compelling points the proposal introduces. Use the executive summary to kickstart your project planning.
Download Proposal Executive Summary Template
Marketing Plan Executive Summary Template
The marketing plan is a type of business plan that outlines the strategy and tactics for specific marketing activity. This template emphasizes marketing-specific data and strategy information about product and service development, branding, customer and market data, competitive analysis, and marketing budgets.
Download Marketing Plan Executive Summary Template
Excel Word PDF
Product Launch Executive Summary Template
Keep stakeholders in the loop at every step of your marketing campaigns and launch your product with confidence. This template will help you communicate a product marketing strategy and activity. Organize the subheads in order of importance for the stage of product development or the audience for the content.
Download Product Launch Executive Summary Template
Excel Word PDF Smartsheet
Research Report Executive Summary Template
Use this template as a synopsis of the research results for reports. This executive summary is formatted to accommodate in-depth reports that need space to use charts and tables to illustrate research data. The template is designed to summarize technical information in a concise manner, and features clear subheadings that communicate key findings to readers of various expertise and interest.
Download Research Report Executive Summary Template
Project Executive Summary Templates
Keep all of the project stakeholders in the loop with this project management summary template. You’ll find space to highlight project milestones, monitor new requests, and provide brief status overviews. For more information and resources on how to create a project plan, read “The Top Excel Project Plan Templates.”
Download Project Executive Summary Templates
Excel Word PDF
Construction Project Executive Summary
This template summarizes the the construction project plan and highlights the important schedule milestones, budget data, bid estimates, and timeline details. Use this executive summary to report on the essential detail from the construction plan and keep all of the various stakeholders informed on the critical project information. Learn more about construction project management by reading “Construction Project Management 101.”
Download Construction Project Executive Summary Template
Excel Word PDF
What Is an Executive Summary?
An executive summary is a component of a business document (for example, business plans and project proposals) or research documents used in academia, government, and the healthcare industry.
The goal is to summarize the important information found in the rest of the document and is often listed in the table of contents as a separate section. When not listed as a formal section, it is the reader’s first introduction to the purpose of a plan, report, or proposal. An executive summary might be a paragraph, a summary memo, or occasionally the first page. When it is written well, it tells a story quickly and efficiently with a clear purpose. Its format and length depends on the type of communication.
Essential Elements Of The Executive Summary
The executive summary is concise, typically one to two pages long, and presents the main points in a formal tone. It’s purpose is to pique the reader’s curiosity by presenting facts from the content it is summarizing.
You will determine the components of each executive summary you write based on the reason for writing it and your target audience. For example, a business plan for an external audience includes financial information and details on the size and scale of a company. Startups seeking funding and investors treat the executive summary as a way to get the reader’s attention by highlighting specific financial requirements and how it impacts the business strategy. Summarize the information you’re presenting in a manner that keeps the reader engaged and motivated to continue reading. Executive summaries vary in the content they cover, but a common framework might include the following:
- Introduction: The opening statement, paragraph, or section should clearly state the document’s purpose and the content to follow. Deciding on how to use this section comes down to the desired outcome for the reader or audience. They want to immediately find value in the information you present, so the details included in the introduction should grab and hold the reader’s attention.
- Company Information: When writing an executive summary for an external audience, include your company name, a description of your mission or purpose, contact information, location, and the size and scale of your operations. In some cases, the summary introduces the founders, investors, and corporate leadership. It might include background information of each that outlines previous industry or startup experience, or historical context on the current state of the company. When used in a presentation or research report, introduce the team presenting or responsible for the report’s findings.
- Products and Services: The executive summary is the place to highlight the problem you solve or the need you fulfill. For a report, this is where you might highlight what you researched and what the reader should know about your findings. For a project proposal, include what you’re planning to accomplish and what you need to make it successful. For marketing plans or product launch presentations, tell the reader why your service or product is relevant at this particular moment in time.
- Market Analysis: The executive summary of a business plan might profile the target customer and explain the market opportunity for a product or service. Consider answering questions like: Is there a five year plan for this market? How do you anticipate growing the customer base and improving market share? What stands out from your research about your customers that the reader should know before you summarize the rest of the business?
- Competition Analysis: This section should include answers to the following questions:
- What is the competitive advantage of your proposed solution or product and who or what do you compete with in this market?
- What are the opportunities now and in the future?
- What are the risks in your market and your product or service?
- Do you have relevant experience with major competitors?
- What are the future plans for growth and what obstacles do you anticipate addressing?
- Financials: The executive summary might summarize key financial data that is relevant to the reader or data that supports your research. If the purpose is to seek funding, include the specific amount you are requesting here. Be sure to provide context for the financial data or any number you highlight in the executive summary. This section is a great way to highlight growth, or to use metrics to provide perspective on the company.
- Conclusions: Recap your findings, the problem and solution discussed, or the project and work proposed. If there is a decision the reader or your audience needs to make, ask about it. Make the outcomes obvious, but leave enough intrigue for the rest of the content to follow.
To learn more about crafting and executive summary for your business needs and to see relevant examples, read “How to Write an Executive Summary.”
The Benefits of a Strong Executive Summary
A well planned, well written executive summary accounts for the user’s time and by doing so, serves as a valuable tool.
Decision makers don’t have the time to read everything, and the average time an online user spends actually reading content is already at a premium. If you’re creating business plans, project proposals, product launch presentations, or making a sales pitch, the executive summary is an opportunity to convey the most important aspects of your content to the reader.
Even if it is the only thing your target audience reads, a well written executive summary creates value if the reader takes action without having to read the rest of your content word for word. If there is a business case for your document, a strong argument to make, or a story to tell, do it in the executive summary first.
Bank Of The West
Seamlessly Track Executive Summary Templates with Real-Time Work Management in Smartsheet
Empower your people to go above and beyond with a flexible platform designed to match the needs of your team — and adapt as those needs change.
The Smartsheet platform makes it easy to plan, capture, manage, and report on work from anywhere, helping your team be more effective and get more done. Report on key metrics and get real-time visibility into work as it happens with roll-up reports, dashboards, and automated workflows built to keep your team connected and informed.
Jack In The Box
When teams have clarity into the work getting done, there’s no telling how much more they can accomplish in the same amount of time. Try Smartsheet for free, today.